Give Me a Topic

Filed under:Tolkien — posted by Anwyn on July 16, 2007 @ 3:41 pm

Tolkienites, all two or three of you who so far comment on this site, and any Tolkienite reading this who has not yet commented: What do you want to talk about for the Weeklyish Tolkien?

I had an idea but, lacking in form and void, it kind of dribbled away down the drain. Got a Tolkien thing you’ve never quite grokked? Lay it on me. I don’t promise to grok it to your satisfaction, but I’ll tackle it.

5 comments »

1. There are a couple of things I’ve always thought deserved a little more contemplation.

1. At the beginning of the Third Age, the twon kingdoms of Arnor and Gondor were approximately the same size, both in terms of land and population. Yet, Gondor went on to build an empire, and remain united to shield the Free Peoples from the threat of Mordor. Arnor turned inward, split apart, and was defeated in detail by the realm of Angmar. How did that happen?

2. Queen Beruthial, consort of the first childless king of Gondor. She had skill at magic, had many pet cats, and who was exiled from Gondor for apparently being too free with both things in public. Wonder what her life was about, and what might have happened to her? (No, you are not allowed to say she took the next number in line to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts. :P )

Comment by exdem13 — July 16, 2007 @ 8:05 pm

2. We could discuss Shire Radio (http://www.live365.com/stations/hob_hayward).

Comment by Chris — July 19, 2007 @ 5:10 am

3. Hey guys, my name is Wilson!

I`m a professional writer and I`m going to change your lifes onсe and for all
    Writing has been my passion for a long time and now I can`t imagine my life without it.
    Most of my books were sold throughout Canada, USA, Old England and even Russia. Also I`m working with services that help people to save their time.
    People ask me “Hey, Wilson Wheeler, I need your professional help” and I always accept the request, `cause I know, that only I can solve all their problems!

Professional Writer – Wilson – //www.quibblo.com/user/BronwynL]BronwynLeigh Team

Comment by wilson — November 25, 2019 @ 2:42 am

4. I’m an expert writer who loves to bring smiles to people’s face.

Writing is what I do for a living and I am so passionate about this. I have worked with several associations whose mission is to help people solve writing problems.
    I love traveling and have visited several countries in the past few years.
    I’m happy to have written several books that have contributed positively to the lives of many. My works are available in several parts of the world. And I’m currently working with companies that help people save energy. Being a part of this team has open more opportunities for me to excel as a writer. I have worked with different people and met many clients as a professional.
    I can handle any kind of writing project and provide nothing but the best. People come to me all the time to ask if I can solve their writing problems and I accept. I find pleasure in helping them to solve their problems as a professional.

Professional Writer – Eva – thewritewayllc.com Company

Comment by evamccarthy — December 24, 2019 @ 3:27 am

5. My name is Jordyn. And I am a professional Content writer with many years of experience in writing.

My interest is to solve problems related to writing. And I have been doing it for many years. I have been with several groups as a volunteer and have assisted in many ways.
    My love for writing has no end. It is like the air we breathe, something I cherish with all my being. I am a passionate writer who started at an early age.
    I’m happy that I`ve already sold several copies of my works in different countries like France and others too numerous to mention.
    I also work in a company that provides assistance to many clients from different parts of the world. People always come to me because I work no matter how hard their projects are. I help them to save energy, because I feel happy when people come to me for writing help.

Academic Writer – Jordyn – http://www.danceacademyhp.com Corps